Books of the Barrabool Hills
by Brent Rodden
We are attempting to compile a list of publications which contribute to building an historical picture of the Barrabool Hills. If anyone has books or photos to add to the list below, I would be very pleased to hear from them.
The publications listed were not necessarily written about the Hills, but some reference is made in all of them to the Barrabool Hills and its surrounds:
- “Barrabool, Land of the Magpie” by Ian Wynd, 1992, published by the Barrabool Shire.
- “Intimate Landscapes” by Fred Kruger (photograher), 2012, published by National Gallery of Victoria.
- “Minnie, Memoirs of a Squatters Daughter“ , by Mary Emily Susannah (Minnie) Brewer. 2005, published by Lois Dean 2005.
- “Gnarwarre History and Recipe Book“, by Nola Noble and Flora Weaven circa 1998.
- “Early Murgheboluc“, by Irene Sarah Venters 1990, published by John Garner Bookcrafts, Geelong.
- “A Changing Landscape, Celebrating Landcare in the Barrabool Hills“, Booklet by Kaye Rodden 2010, published by Corangamite Catchment Management Authority.